Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
A friend of mine sent me this link as we both have the Canon 50D camera. I suspect it will work on any camera that supports the Live View shooting and has the appropriate camera body adjustment.

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahazeghi/Photos/MA-web/

Checked it out and one of my lenses/camera is definitely ""off", so will try sometime this week to see about calibrating it and will post before and after shots.
John
That's just fascinating,John. I notice in the questions and answers section it states that Canon doesn't recommend doing this procedure. I just wonder if it voids the camera's warranty?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas,

I don't see how it could. It is simply an adjustment on one of the CFn settings that is there on the camera. If you don't like it, reset it to the default of zero and you are back at position 1, so . . . . .
John
The software necessary to do this on a Nikon camera costs$180.00 ($145.95 at Amazon.com). Perhaps Nikon will come up with a firmware update to fix this if it becomes a big enough issue.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
There is a neat little article in the July Outdoor Photographer magazine about fine tuning AF.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
5 posts Page 1 of 1