Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
32 posts Page 1 of 4
DH bought me a new toy today .... actually I received jewelry AND a new camera. My Nikon D7000 should be here by the end of the month. I am so excited I cannot wait!! Is there anyone else shooting with the D7000 ?
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, I'm very happy for you!!!!

It's the D90 I'm using.
How awesome Julie.

Russ, the D7000 is the successor of the D90.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hey Julie,
I bought my D7000 a few months ago and never regretted it one bit! It has more menus than you can shake a stick at. I suggest you buy a magic lantern guide for reference. The Nikon owner's guide can be a difficult read. There's even a "For Dummies" book for it (for dummies like me). Good luck with the new camera.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
AngelicKim wrote: How awesome Julie.

Russ, the D7000 is the successor of the D90.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/

Kim, thank you for that info. There was a lot to read on that web site link.

Maybe I can talk my DW into using the D90 instead of her Canon P&S camera. She already knows that the D90 takes better pictures. If she goes for it I'll get the D7000 for me. The way it is now she uses the D90 half of the time anyway. The D7000 would be the same way.
Oh good Chas, I'm glad that there is someone here that has the same camera, I'll be bugging you for sure!

I found a tutorial for the camera here http://www.nikonusa.com/en_US/o/sW8RomxQReezfbQt-6GkHk62paI/Video/Digitutor/index.html, you might want to check it out.

The camera store called today, they're shipping the camera this afternoon. I am so excited, I cannot wait.

Thanks for the info Kim, I'll check it out.
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Your welcome for the link Russ. Julie actually emailed it to me so I could see what Eddie bought her. Good luck with the wife and the camera switch so you can get the new one. Myself, I am still a die hard Canon user.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
No problem,Julie. I'm here to learn and help when I can.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Chas, do you shoot in RAW? If you do, what do you use to open/process? the files?
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, I don't shoot RAW as a rule. Once I get heavily into HDR I may have to.
Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) is updated regularly and there are versions that will work with PSE.
With your new camera you will get a CD that contains ViewNX2. This is Nikon's proprietary image editor. It will open Nikon RAW files(Called NEF files). I don't particularly care for it that's why I use ACR whenever I shoot RAW.[ BTW you can open JPEGs using ACR. Click on open as instead of open and check the file associations in the drop down box. Click on RAW and the file will open with a modified version of ACR. For some reason, all the bells and whistles aren't there for JPEG files.]
Chas
Chas's Gallery
32 posts Page 1 of 4