Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
32 posts Page 2 of 4
Julie,

How fun! Enjoy your new camera. What camera is it replacing, something similar, or will it be a big learning curve?

Courtney
It's replacing the D40x ... I hope it isn't a big learning curve LOL If not that trip to Vegas I want will have to include a trip to see Chas for some one on one mentoring :)
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie, One of the features I think you'll jike is the media storage set up. The camera has two SD memory card slots and you can configure them to do different things. One is use the second card as a backup to card #1. Or card #2 can be configured as an overflow card.(When #1 fills up it switches to #2 card.) Or you can configure #1 card for RAW with #2 card as JPEG copy. Menus,menus, we've got menus.... :D
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I checked and the camera is between NY and Knoxville, so maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll get it. I'm getting all my things done around the house so I can just sit and play when it comes in. :)
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
The video that came with the magic lantern book suggests SD cards speed 6 or better for video. Also don't forget to full charge the lithium ion battery before you start exploring the camera.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I didn't even know that the cards had speed ratings ... thank you for giving me the heads up Chas. I'm going to go look at the Magic Lantern Guide right now.
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie i am so excited for you. I can not wait to see pictures! :woohoo:
I'm excited too Judy ... I didn't think I'd be getting a camera this year but with all our storms business has gone crazy. My husband has enough work to last probably the rest of the summer. He's working 7 days a week and I think he's feeling a little guilty he's not home to help me out, let alone spend any time with me. I'm such a lucky person to have him, everyone likes him and he's such a compassionate person. He has put me on a pedestal ever since I've been 4 years old, I couldn't ask for a better husband. My mother would be so pleased to know that I married him. On a funny note, his motto is WBWBG ... What Baby Wants Baby Gets. I do not take advantage of it, but I sure love his motto LOL :rotfl:
Julie

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Julie togetherness in the heart means so much. I love hearing stories such as yours it warms the heart. I also was blessed with the best partner i could ever ask for.
ladybug wrote: I also was blessed with the best partner i could ever ask for.

Me too!!!!
32 posts Page 2 of 4