Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Because of the type of photography we do the most of, I have wanted to upgrade the camera I use most. For fun, I use DH's Canon 50D. Well....yesterday I stumbled upon a Canon 40D with only 6000 clicks on it. You guessed right...It will arrive here as soon as the money clears the bank. I can hardly wait. It is a huge step up from the old Rebel I've been shooting for the horse shows. Will take a bunch of pics from our area and post them. Have a great New Years.
How fun! Enjoy your new camera! I look forward to seeing some of your pictures taken with it.

Courtney
Cool.

Nothing better to start the New Year with than a new camera. All the best.
John
YAY! You will love it. That's what I have too and love it. But I hope yours is a newer manufacture than mine. Mine has had shutter sensor issues since I bought it in August 2007. I had it back at Canon 3 times in the first year I had it. It now needs to be sent in again for the same problem. I am using my old Rebel right now until I can get it fixed again.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
AngelicKim wrote: YAY! You will love it. That's what I have too and love it. But I hope yours is a newer manufacture than mine. Mine has had shutter sensor issues since I bought it in August 2007. I had it back at Canon 3 times in the first year I had it. It now needs to be sent in again for the same problem. I am using my old Rebel right now until I can get it fixed again.

Kim, have you tried demanding a new camera from Canon? They obviously can't fix yours and that isn't right for such an expensive piece of equipment.

Courtney
Yes, I did when they had it for the 3rd time in the first year. They said no and that if I needed to send it in again for service that the one year warranty would be up and I would have to pay for the repair. Needless to say I wasn't very happy. I even tried to return it at the store. Didn't go to Best Buy for a very long time.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I'm happy for you. Enjoy your new camera!

We're all looking forward to seeing some of your pictures taken with it.
Thanks all for your comments. It is indeed a great way to start the new year. Kim, the previous owner has assured me that there was nothing wrong with it. Hopefully...
Louise, how exciting. :woohoo: I'm happy for you & I'm looking forward to your photos. :thumbsup:
Betty
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Louise. you will love it. I do mine even though it has issues. It has actually been a couple of years since the last issue until now. I haven't had as many photo opportunities as I use to so I am really hoping I am wrong on the shutter sensor and it just needs a cleaning from sitting around.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
11 posts Page 1 of 2