Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Louise, the July issue of one of my "regular' magazines arrived today. There is an article that made me immediately think of you.

Do you know David Stoecklein? I have been a fan of his for years and suspect the two of you may have, from time to time, been at the same events. If so, I hope you have met.

Anyway ... please read this. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
http://www.dpmag.com/how-to/shooting/na ... raits.html

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
tee hee hee you made me look. See what happens when you say it is for Louise i gotta look. Lots of great info there. ( kinda like when you tell someone not to look-the first thing they do is look.)
Rusty,
Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on this post. We have been out shooting and processing photos for a couple of weeks. Just have a few left to do to get caught up and am taking a break this evening.

OMG!!! I worship David Stoecklien. We have met him and he has shot many of the same folks we shoot in competiton. He came to our camera club meeting one night and did a huge presentation. My dream is to do a workshop with him sometime. We have several of his books and calendars and I spend hours studying them. His work is where I would eventually like to be with my photography. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

We have had the opportunity in the last couple of weeks to play with some of his methods. Not nearly as successful as he is, but it is a start.

On a different note, I subscribed to the magazine a couple of months ago and still don't have any magazines. Maybe I should give them a call and see if I need to do something different to get the it started.

Again, thank you so much!!!
Glad you liked it, Louise.

And, I'm thrilled that, not only do you know who David Stoecklein is, you actually do know the man. I wish I had attended your camera club meeting.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
4 posts Page 1 of 1