Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
My trip to northern Nevada produced many colorful photos which will be displayed in the coming weeks.
I used my Nikon D70 on the trip because conditions in the outback is very dusty and I didn't want to expose my D7000 to those conditions. The lens i used was an old film era Nikon 35/70mm zoom.
As I reviewed my captures one thing stood out.....most of the time the photo was taken at 50mm. I guess
I subconsciously set the zoom lens there for many of the exposures. Perhaps it's because I cut my photographic eye teeth on a 50mm f:1.8 lens early on in my "film days".
Any thoughts on this from y'all?
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas,

Not a Nikon guy, but I looked up the specs of the D70 and it indicates that the D70 has an APS-C sensor. So your 50 ml zoom setting is more like an 80 ml setting.

I have never compared my old Canon SLR at 50 and my current 50D at 50 mm to see what the visual difference is, but would expect to see on given the crop effect of the APS-C sensor.

So, sounds like no connection, but will dig out my older camera and see if there is any "truth" to it.
John
John,
You are right about the "crop factor" with the aps-C sized sensor. The factor is 1.5 for the D70 and also my D7000. I'm not sure whether the embedded accounts for the crop factor.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
3 posts Page 1 of 1