Tips, tutorials and discussion of photography, cameras and accessories.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I just found out there is a new update (new to me) for the Nikon D7000. This is a firmware update that fixes a few bugs in the old firmware.www.Nikonusa.com.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thanks for the post. That's something I never bother to check.
Because all of my Nikons have been "registered", you would think they would send an email to notify of such updates.

I bought my D7000 the last week of November ... my Christmas gift to me. It shipped from stock from B&H so I have to assume it left Nikon no less than a month before I bought it. I checked and the firmware update on the Nikon website is the same version installed in my camera.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I, like you, expected an email from Nikon.....which never came. The update did fix a bug in the earlier firmware that told you your batteries were low when in fact they weren't. Rusty, I hope you get as much enjoyment from your new DSLR as I.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Yes, I love it!

My reason for wanting an upgrade was the new sensor technology. I do a lot of low-light, no-flash photography in my "church work". ISO 800 was about as far as I could go with my D80 and still get what I considered acceptable results. The D7000 absolutely blows me away ... all the way up to ISO 6400 with wonderful images.

For anyone considering a Nikon update, the D5100 may be the best kept seceret in the Nikon inventory. It doesn't have all the features of the D7000 but it does have the exact same sensor, exposure and autofucus system. If you don't need or care about some of the bells and whistles on the D7000, the D5100 gives you the essentials at 2/3d the price of the D7000.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
There is a new firmware update for the D7000. It was dated April 2,2013. I also saw this mentioned on Digital Photography Review Newsletter.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
5 posts Page 1 of 1