Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
17 posts Page 2 of 2
:o Wow - I just got back from the movies and read all these encouraging posts. Thank you. I'll have to look for another one to try. The shot was one of those one in a million things........it was his last run of the day....I was at the bottom waiting for him and his brothers to make their way down. They took a route through the trees that was sort of like a ski jumping thing......pretty steep down into a dip and then pretty steep coming back up. He didn't have the speed he needed to make it up and over and landed with his skis buried to the bindings. I just happened to have my camera with me and got the shot. You can see in the picture that he was laughing his butt off.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
sarch99 wrote: I've been trying to find an appropriate picture for a border breakout among my collection of grandkid pictures. ... I'll welcome any pointers anyone can give me. I don't have an artist's eye when it comes to perspective!!

You do have an artist's eye; that is a great choice for a border breakout. Since you asked about perspective, I have one pointer you can try. With the photo leaning back as you show it, the top edge should appear slightly shorter than the bottom edge. You might try either making the top edge shorter, or the bottom edge longer, thus giving the photo more of a leaning back perspective. Just a thought. Great shot! You have to keep your eyes open and camera ready to catch one like that.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Nice job Sunny. It is hard to find just the right photo for a breakout and you made a good selection.
Tina B
You did a great job on this, Sunny.

Anita
Thank you Joe, Anita and Tina. Joe, I've still got the .PSD file for this, so I'll attempt to make the changes you suggested. That whole perspective thing just flies right over my head......sort of like the manual settings on my camera. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
What a great shot and a great breakout. I've never mastered the perspective thing. I'll have to give it another try!
Youth is ageless for those who know how to play!
PSE5 & 6;Dell Computer;Nikon Digital Camera
Susan's Gallery
janetsgirl wrote: I've never mastered the perspective thing.
Umm, neither have I. I definitely need to practice more. You should try it, though, it's fun. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
17 posts Page 2 of 2