Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm not sure if I like this.
The top photos are of a Dandelion seed head; a weed that is the curse of anyone with a lawn.
The single seed you can see which floats on the wind, we call a Sugar Stealer. The name Dandelion comes from the French - Dent de Lion. As it is a Diuretic used in herbal medicine, the French also call it Pis en lit; we Brits being less refined call it P**s In Bed. I have no idea what the pink flower is.
After writing that, I thought, maybe they have Dandelions in America; if you do I apologise for trying to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs.
Kev.
floralcatw.jpg
(156.1 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Kev's Gallery

Dogs have masters. Cats have servants

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Kev, we have those things too. I don't know what the exact name is put I always call them the puffy blowy thingys. :) Here a dandelion is a yellow flower weed that curses our yards right along with the puffy blowy thingys. The pink flower is really pretty.

Here is what we call a dandelion
dandilion.jpg
dandilion.jpg (59.36 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
we call them puffballs here...did you take the picture of them..if so really good shot. The whole layout looks great
Kim,
thanks. Sorry that you have them as well.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Suzi,
sorry to say I didn't take the photos of the yellow puffballs.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
kev, great layout and information, we have yellow ones. I have heard of dandelion tea, but really dont want to try it.
Judi,
Thank you.
Dandelion tea isn't very nice and if you drink a mug you'll be visiting the loo (toilet) quite a lot!! It really is a strong diuretic.
Kev :o
Kev's Gallery

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Hi Kev,

Very nice montage and the layout is super. You can keep the plants in your yard. :mrgreen:

John
John,
pleased you like it.
It's a constant battle trying to keep down.
Kev.
Kev's Gallery

Windows 7, PSE 9, PSP12
Great layout - I didn't know the seeds were called Sugar Stealers!
The best angle to approach a problem is the try angle.

Ann

Ann's Gallery
11 posts Page 1 of 2