Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I was hiking on a trail in Jinhae, Korea, through a small park when I came upon a rose garden. Most of the flowers had already gone by, but I caught this single large rose basking in the morning sun. Tried my hand at a painting effect. The color is unaltered.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe,
I love your photo, it's just beautiful. I like how the painting effect made the leaves a little blurry but looked like it left the rose itself untouched. Beautiful job!
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
Thank you, Julie. I made a separate layer at first by selecting only the leaves and adding a slight gaussian blur. I made another layer by selecting only the rose (Inverse of the leaves selection) and placed it on top of the blurred leaves. Finally I did a Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E to create a top layer with leaves and rose combined. I created the painted effect using the filter gallery on this top layer by following the "Painting" Tut on Photoshopelementsusers, dated Dec 29, 2006.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Great affect Joe. A picture to be proud of.
:D
Dennis
------------------------------------
Canon Rebel XTi, PSE5, WINXP
Joe, very nice. I really like the Balanced Border image too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Very nice - lovely gallery you have.
Joe, beautiful rose & beautiful job! Well Done! :D
Joe, it's gorgeous. I love roses (and gardenias).
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Joe, Super job.
This too shall pass. Is that so? Maybe.
GAIL
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/18518
Very nice, I love your gallery.
A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
12 posts Page 1 of 2