Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
30 posts Page 3 of 3
Don't fix what ain't broken!
Thank you all so much. I worked on this so long yesterday that I couldn't tell if I liked it anymore. I also made the mistake of asking my husband what he thought :roll: . Linda, here is the photo I started with. I converted it to a B/W and then used the dodge tool to lighten the background. I wasn't too happy with that so I used a brush and painted over the background with white. Thanks again for all your feedback. I ordered some copies from Mpix on their metallic paper. I hope it turns out well. Unfortunately I can't print a B/W on my printer, since I end up with a strange purplish color.

Anita

Attachments

Anita, isn't it funny how we can chug along, do all sorts of things with selections, blurs, effect, etc, etc.

And then, the thought hits, "why not just paint over it!" The very latest tutorial over on the PET site (don't remember the name but the thumbnail contains "Eve") shows doing exactly that.

I would have gone crazy with that background; probably never would have thought of painting over it. :lol:

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, believe me, painting over it was a last resort. I was desperate. That background was driving me crazy. I guess I need to think of some of the simpler things occasionally.

Anita
Anita,
You did a fine job on the girl's portrait! Don't change a thing.
Eliminating that distracting background was truly a labor of love. Excellent job.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Wow Anita - seeing the 'before' make the 'after' even more amazing! I'm really glad you posted it - now I am even more inspired! Thanks.
[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
Anita... it was a long process but I have learned to NEVER ask my husband. :o

He is an Engineer and a great guy. but artistic?

He doesn't get anything I do. He usually just shakes his head and says he liked it better before.
Now if he doesn't like it... I know I did good. :P
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Thanks again, everyone. I'll let you all know how the prints come out. Kimi, my husband is just the same. I really should not ask his opinion. He, also, always likes the original photo.

Anita
Anita:

That is a master job, frame it.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Don, thank you. After seeing your totally amazing work, I'm honored.

Anita
30 posts Page 3 of 3