Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
I have been playing around for awhile with this, not quiet sure I am ready to place in my gallery yet! :?:
Please let me know what you think of it. Thanks in advance!
2007_1121fishing0019-copy-c.jpg
2007_1121fishing0019-copy-c.jpg (74.41 KiB) Viewed 922 times
Nice effect, Shari,
but, I'd like to see what you started with. Sometimes it's a real close call between a "straight photograph" and an Elements creation. :D

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
OOPs!
Hi Rusty, here's the original. I am working on a new technique, not quiet perfected yet! :|
2007_1121fishing0019.jpg
2007_1121fishing0019.jpg (31.31 KiB) Viewed 905 times
I like the first one better.

Unfortunately, you had a typical flat, coastal Georgia sky to work with in the original. It looks better with the texture you put into it. My 2¢

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Rusty, these coastal skies can be a job sometimes! Great for fishing though! :mrgreen: Thanks again for your input!
Hi Shari,
I love what you did with the texture of the sky and the bird! There is a lot of potential here. My only sugestion is that I can see a halo around the bird and the post that I think should disappear. I am not sure how to do it. If the bird and the sky are on their own layers, the first step is to see which layer has the halo and then work on that layer to eliminate it. I think that this photo could really pop.
Joe
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
I really like the textured image. Great job smiles.
John
Thanks Joe, I will work on that! Thanks for your input! :D
John, Thanks for the input, just trying to come up with something with those not so good photo's! :D
smiles, that is a great picture, i like the before and the after.
15 posts Page 1 of 2