Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
I thought it would be helpful to everyone if we posted instructions on how to enter a contest.

Upload the image to your gallery. Once loaded click on the little pencil icon to the top right to edit photo.
Edit-Image.jpg
Edit-Image.jpg (32.66 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

Scroll down the edit page and you will see an option for Contest. There will be a list of all contest that are running on the forum as well as on PrestoPhoto that are available for you to enter your image (or page) into. Before each contest name is a small box with a plus sign in it. Click on the plus sign next to the contest you want to enter.
scroll-to-contest.jpg
scroll-to-contest.jpg (18.37 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

Once you have click the plus sign a little man icon will show up to the right of the plus sign. This means you have successfully entered that contest. If you want to enter this image (or page) into another contest listed do the same thing. Once you have selected all the contest you want to enter go to the bottom and click Save Image.
little-man-icon.jpg
little-man-icon.jpg (23.46 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

Viola, you have successfully enter the contest. Good luck!

EDIT JUST FOR RUSTY. :bigwink: :bigwink: If you accidentally click the wrong contest and don't realize it until you have checked the contest for entries. Do the same thing as if you were entering the contest except click the plus sign of the contest to withdraw your entry and then click the correct contest to enter and make sure the little man is next to the correct contest and click Save Image.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Very good, Kim,

Now, what you need for the Doofus crowd (I am firmly in that camp) is a short explanation on how to remove your image from a contest page. I just know that, sooner than later, I'm going to click the "page plus" when I intended to click the "image plus". Now I have my image in the wrong place and everybody will assume I'm an idiot that doesn't know what a scrap page is supposed to look like.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, just go back to the pencil, click on it and then click on the plus sign again. I think that will remove it
Kimmy to the rescue and I thank you for that explanation. I was looking all over for the edit and wasn't aware that the pencil icon was edit. And then I did not know that I was successful with the posting. I did eventually figure it out, normally I am not as dim witted as I seem which my sweet wife will take exception to.....Bill
Rusty you crack me up. I have edited the post to include how to withdraw from a contest just in case someone reads the instructions and not the whole thread to see Suzi's instructions.

Bill, glad you got your photos entered.

In case nobody noticed I posted a link to this thread in the post your October images and will post in the first thread every month from now on. I also had Jane sticky it in the Members Gallery category so it can easily be found.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I tried to put my witch in the witch contest but it would not let me the + only worked on image of the week.
Give it a try now Judy.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
thanks kim that worked.
I tried to put my witch in the witch contest too, but my dear wife wouldn't go. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

:wave:
Dane
-------------------------------------
Knight Reflections

My Flickr, not the horse
-------------------------------------
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
The witch contest is over. There are currently only 4 contest running, IOW, POW, Quick Album Templates and Pumpkins.

To see what contest are open, pending or closed you can go here.

http://www.prestophoto.com/contests/

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
11 posts Page 1 of 2