Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Another image from PyoChyngSa Buddhist Temple. This is 1 of the 4 corner dragons located under the colorful eaves assigned to protect the temple. I wanted to enter this in the IOW for Nov 29 ~ Dec 05, but it was not offered as one of the choices. Anyone know why? The image was posted at about 8:30 am on Monday.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/2544425/19834
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe i could not post mine either. Joe your eye for the wow photos is great.
Joe try to enter it again. It worked for me now.
Another note on this marvelous well composed and colorful image: the lighting is ideal both in highlights and shadows. I am sure it could be turned into a powerful black and white.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Judy, thank you, I was able to place it in the contest.

Michel, thank you very much; this was a two exposure image, one for the highlights and one for the shadows, which I blended as an HDR using layers and layer masks. Thanks for reminding me about B & W; I'll have to take a look on this one.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Wonderful photo, Joe. Your processing produced a superb photo.

Anita
Joe_Kostoss wrote: Judy, thank you, I was able to place it in the contest.

Michel, thank you very much; this was a two exposure image, one for the highlights and one for the shadows, which I blended as an HDR using layers and layer masks. Thanks for reminding me about B & W; I'll have to take a look on this one.

Ah, I never think to take two exposures. Of course, I rarely bother with my tripod either. I'm kind of a slap-dash photographer. :roll: Very good result, Joe.

Courtney
It is gorgeous, Joe. I think the posting has to do with the time zone but you are in there now
mtbspike wrote: .

Ah, I never think to take two exposures. Of course, I rarely bother with my tripod either. I'm kind of a slap-dash photographer. :roll: Very good result, Joe.

Courtney

I don't think a tripod is absolutely necessary. I should also train to bracket exposures more often. Same for panoramas.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Anita, thank you, I am happy that you like this image.

Courtney, more than half of my images are taken on a tripod. It was essential on this image due to the bright sunshine on the dragon and the dark shadows on the background. Don't leave home without it!

Suzi, thank you, it may have been the time zone. When I posted it was late Monday night, 14 hours ahead of EST and 17 hours ahead of PST, which puts it early Monday morning in the US.

Michel, a tripod is not absolutely necessary, but adds a great deal to the quality of the image. Anyone having a camera with auto bracketing should consider using it more often, with or without a tripod.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

10 posts Page 1 of 1