Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I thought Rusty had problems with his squirrels coming to dinner at the bird feeder! This is just a few of the 20+ turkey that were at the bird feeder this morning. Maybe I should bag one for Christmas dinner. :rotfl:
They are fun to watch as they run through the yard and Yes that is a white turkey. Not sure if it is wild or an escapee from a farm. There are two white ones that frequent the feeder.
Turkey.jpg
Turkey.jpg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Tina i have never seen a white turkey. Love your photo.
My guess is that there are a few very cold feet in that photo.
Tina, I think it's a big deal when I see one wild turkey around my feeder, and a really big deal the time I saw two. You obviously have a bountiful crop around Janesville.

I have never seen a wild white one. They obviously exist.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I've seen almost all-white turkeys in southern Utah. All white birds I hear are quite rare.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Rusty wrote: Tina, I think it's a big deal when I see one wild turkey around my feeder, and a really big deal the time I saw two. You obviously have a bountiful crop around Janesville.

Rusty

I live right on the edge of a golf course and there is a woods that runs along the back. Add in a nice big creek and it makes a good place for wildlife. My kitchen window faces the golf course so I see all kinds of wild life as I stand and do the dishes. Usually we have several deer who check the feeder just about dark. Coyote and a little red fox make the rounds too to see what is available to eat.

There are two white turkeys that hang with this flock or what ever you call a bunch of turkeys. What do they call a bunch of turkeys? This is the first year that the turkey have come up into the yard looking for food. I have always heard them in the spring but never seen them in my yard before. Who needs to head to the North woods to hunt when it is all in my yard?
Tina B
Tina, sounds like you live in a perfect place to observe all different kinds of wildlife. I enjoyed seeing all your turkeys, especially the white one.

Anita
Tina_B wrote:
Rusty wrote: Tina, I think it's a big deal when I see one wild turkey around my feeder, and a really big deal the time I saw two. You obviously have a bountiful crop around Janesville.

Rusty

There are two white turkeys that hang with this flock or what ever you call a bunch of turkeys. What do they call a bunch of turkeys?
Tina B
They call them a rafter or a gang. Your domestic Turkeys are white. My guess would be that your white ones are escapees (perhaps pardoned), or their descendants.
12 of 12 Nov - Bonus-2.jpg
12 of 12 Nov - Bonus-2.jpg (153.4 KiB) Viewed 965 times
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
8 posts Page 1 of 1