Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
This is not a perfect picture. but i want to share my joy with you. I have an old point and shoot and this is the best my zoom would do. There was quite a racket outside loads of birds were deciding what tree to land in. i recognized a cardinal. There were a few different kind. O and some little bitty birds to. I was so excited to get this photo and to have a bird in mid flight. This of course makes me long for a better zoom. but in the mean time i so enjoyed the birds and getting this photo.
100_2287-copy.jpg
100_2287-copy.jpg (91.5 KiB) Viewed 880 times
You got yourself a great shot, Judy
Thanks for sharing in my excitement. :D
Oh yes, wild birds are really hard to photograph, especially with a point and shoot! Well, unless you're photographing an ostrich or a condor, not your typical small bird. :D The beating wings of the one in flight look neat.

Courtney
Thanks Courtney.
I understand how exciting it is. My wife also loves to photograph birds with her P&S camera.
Russ, I do not remember ever seeing so many. I guess they are hunting food and shelter.
ladybug wrote: Russ, I do not remember ever seeing so many. I guess they are hunting food and shelter.

We have hundreds in our backyard. My DW feeds them in the morning and in the afternoon. That gives us many birds to watch and, once in a while, a hungry hawk stops by. When my DW sees the hawk, she runs outside making it go away.
I am thinking i might get me a bird feeder and put it closer in my range. I have never had a feeder but i bet it would bring many opportunities.
Judy,
That is pretty cool. It doesn't matter what you captured it with but that you were able to get the image :)
Julie
The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world. BUT, it will change the world for that one animal.

Nikon D7000, CS4, Lightroom 4

Flickr Account
PrestoPhoto Gallery
13 posts Page 1 of 2