Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Another image from PyoChungSa Buddhist Temple in Miryang. While most dragons in western mythology are related to fire and destruction,the dragons in Korean mythology are benevolent beings, related to water and agriculture and attract the rain.

The Korean dragon lacks wings, but can still fly, has a long beard and has either 4 or 7 claws. Many legends maintain that these fabulous beasts reside in rivers, oceans or in ponds deep inside the mountains. In all cases, they are portrayed as enormous serpents associated with good luck and are a symbol of protection.

The background foliage in this image was take from a separate photo of a nearby tree all aglow from the brilliant autumn sunshine. I duplicated the background foliage, applied a lens blur, and reduced the opacity of that layer to obtain this soft radiant texture.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/2610834/19834
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe what a great mix of the two photos. The dragon is really neat.
Thank you Judy, it is a very intricate carving, isn't it? There were two of them guarding the steps going from one level to another.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Joe your photo shows the detail so well. It is an amazing piece.
Great composition,Joe. The background adds to the picture.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Thank you Chas, Glad you like it. The original background was rather dull, so I had to create this image using the tree. Whenever I go on a photo shoot, I usually look for shots of anything that might make a good backdrop for other images just in case. These are not always used, but I save them in a folder of textures and Backgrounds for future use as well.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

What a wonderful photo, Joe. I love the detail on the dragon. Great work.

Anita
Nice work, Joe.

Really excellent job selecting the dragon.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thank You Rusty, I really love the refine edge feature of CS5.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

You come up with some of the neatest stuff. I'd love to go over there and spend a couple of months just wandering around with my camera.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
11 posts Page 1 of 2