Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
A cable suspension bridge on the trail from Anmin Gogae (pass) toward Ungsan (Mt. Ung) spanning a rather deep ravine between mountain peaks. The District of Jinhae can be seen in the distance. It took me 5 hours to reach this point from the start of the trail at the top of Anmin Gogae and 4 hours to return. My feet were complaining at the end of the day.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3235966/19834
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Joe, that sounds like a great hike. The picture you posted makes me wish I was there.
Wow, that is a long hike. It looks like you had a nice day for it. The bridge doesn't fit in with its surroundings, does it? It seems odd to find it there, but welcome I'm sure.

Courtney
The long hike was worth the fine photo,Joe. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Russ, it was a good hike. The mountains in Korea are interlaced with hundreds of trails. It is a favorite passtime with the Koreans. You can always meet many friendly hikers on these trails.

Courtney, One of the nice things about hiking trails in Korea is that they are always well maintained and easily accessible, including the addition of bridges like this over what would otherwise be an impossible trail to all but the most experienced climbers. These bridges and other aids such as stairs on steep climbs make the trails accessible to just about everyone.

Chas, I don't usually take such long hikes. This bridge can be seen from Jinhae and it looked interesting enough that my goal on this hike was just to get there.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
5 posts Page 1 of 1