Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
12 posts Page 2 of 2
Christell,

I have to find a good photo to try this technique on, but until I get in there and experiment, I have a question for you. I notice on your Levels adjustment layer you've masked out a fair bit of parts of the two players. Then the layers above are all grouped with it. Is the masking in Levels a way to limit the motion blur and other 2 layers above? Is it a way to keep some detail in certain places and limit the effects more to the background part of the photo?

Thanks for sharing with us!

Courtney
Courtney,
I was experimenting when I did it for the first time and liked what i got.
On the blurred layer clipped to mask I erased what I wanted to show through from the blur. Wanted to leave some blur to make it look like motion. Because it was clipped together with the layer mask, everything clipped above it will be erased also in same areas. It is the blend modes that make all the difference with the coloring and light. If you want more to show through later go back to the layer mask again and paint or take off there. It will still work with all clipped together.
Christell's Creations

PhotoSHOP, PhotoSHOP till' you drop...

A photograph is a moment frozen in time...

PSE7 & PSE8.....Nikon D60, D200 & D300
12 posts Page 2 of 2