Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
While preparing to take a shot of the night sky and water at Jinhae Bay, I found this lone pine cone lying on the deck; I moved it to the rail to allow it to get a better view of the moonset.

This is a 30 second time exposure with the camera on a tripod and the exposure manually set for the sky. While the lens was open, I tried my hand at light painting by holding my speed light and walking around setting it off several locations to light the deck, the rails and the trees. The moon was in the sky, but was setting fast and was down behind the mountain when I finally captured this right shot. I used a moon shaped brush that I had previously downloaded as a part of an eye retouching brush set to bring it back into view.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3647162
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
Very clever Joe and a great shot.
Thanks Russ, Glad you like it.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

Joe your perspective on things are as impressive as this photo. Fantastic.
That's a wonderful result, Joe.
You never really know what's going to happen when painting with light. I'm going to give you credit for having it very carefully planned out!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thank you Judy. I described this image to a friend that it was "A lonely pine cone sitting on a wooden deck rail watching the moon setting over Jinhae Bay". Her response was that she could feel the loneliness because her new husband was away on business.

Rusty, not knowing what was going to happen is where the fun is. It took several trys with painting and with adjusting the tripod to get this shot.
Joe

Joe's Place
My Zenfolio

6 posts Page 1 of 1