Updated your gallery and want folks to take a look? Saw a remarkable image in someone elses gallery? Post about it here!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
I've been trying to fix a problem in my PrestoPhoto gallery, but getting nowhere. (John, the problem is the same in IE as in Firefox). Instead of 4 nice-sized images across, now in the grid format I get monster images that require horizontal scrolling to get across the whole page. Changing to two-across just gives me two monster images...The "Gallerific" format is...well...inconvenient.

Being suddenly less than comfy with this gallery, I decided to download it to my PC. Unfortunately, when I try to extract the folder from the zip file, Windows tells me that "the compressed folder is invalid. :o

The images all exist on my PC in their original form, but it would be nice to have this gallery in one place. It consists of about one seven-thousandth of three sixty-fourths of one half of my "My Pictures" folder.

Help, suggestions, sympathy are all welcome. Sorry if I'm just being cranky.

If it was easy it wouldn't be nearly as much fun.
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
I haven't been to my gallery in several months. Just took a look.

VioVio has clearly made format and content changes; doesn't look at all like how it did in the past. I am not, however, seeing what you describe. The thumbnails are a bit larger than before but not "giant".

Fwiw, I'm using Chrome.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Steve,

I am also seeing the "big" thumbnails in Firefox and IE 8 also.

I seem to recall similar issues in the past and suggest you try to get is contact with prestophoto support (Live Support Online), top, right on the banner.
John
Hi again,
John, I took your advice and contacted PrestoPhoto. A very nice person called "Meghan" was able to put my thumbnails back to the proper size. She did something from "behind the curtain", but so far I don't know what. I asked if there was something I could control myself, and I'll post here when I get an answer.

Have fun,
Steve

EDIT 9:45 AM:Wow, that was quick. Meghan wrote just now and said
"the size thing is something only an administrator can control. I'll be happy to do this for you anytime you need it! And I'll also ask the engineering team to improve this feature. :)

Very quick response, but most important, my problem was solved. Not bad, eh? :woohoo:
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Steve,

Glad to hear that you got it resolved.
John
5 posts Page 1 of 1