A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi There
I just wondered if anybody could tell me what sort of job is installing a graphics card into an agp motherboard
thankyou jon :cry:
not sure what motherboard I have but my DH has put one in mine.
I had to replace the graphics card on our old HP desktop and it didn't go on the motherboard. It installed to a separate slot. Usually pretty easy to disconnect the wire and pull out the old card and slip in the new one and reconnect the cord. Are you sure it needs but on the motherboard?

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Jon - it fits in the AGP slot on the motherboard........it's no biggie. Just make sure you touch metal first to discharge any static electricity. The last AGP card I installed ran very hot. I had a separate cooling fan for it that fit in a PCI slot. That wasn't difficult to install, either. You can do this. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
The physical installation of the board is pretty straightforward. You may want to check and make sure you have a big enough power supply, though. If the wattage on the power supply isn't up to the task, you may not get the performance out of the board you are looking for. And it may drag down the performance of your PC overall. If you're installing a high performance card, this is something to keep in mind. Also, some cards now require a separate power feed of their own.

Also, you will want to uninstall your current video drivers before installing the new ones.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
5 posts Page 1 of 1