A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
7 posts Page 1 of 1
My husband works with someone who is wanting to run a slideshow that will cycle over-and-over, at an event. It's not anything I've ever done, but since they know I am into photography and photo editing, they thought I could help. I can't, unless some of you can point me in the right direction. What have you used?

Thanks so much for any help.
Hi - I don't think it's the software you use to create it, necessarily, but what you use to play it. I created a slide show for a family trip to Venice and saved it as a .wmv (Windows Media Audio/Video File). Using Windows Media Player, you can turn repeat on and it will just keep going. I also saved it as a .pdf, and it repeats, too. I think I used Elements to create it, but I'm not 100% positive.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Linda,

I have used Proshow Gold to make 2 slideshows which turned out fairly decent. There is a learning curve to it. I have not even come close to learning 10% of everything it will do, but I got praises from both. There is also a forum dedicated to Proshow Gold that you can ask questions on. You can download a 30 day free trial, and it is kinda pricey at $69.95 after the 30 days are up, but it is an excellent slideshow program and I think worth the $$

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/index.php

In the forum people have posted some of their work so you could got there to get a glimpse of what it can do.

HTH :)
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Sunny and Charles - thanks so much. I'll pass along this information. You've been very helpful.

Linda
Linda,

I should have mentioned and verified for you that Proshow Gold does indeed cycle over and over if you wish it to do that. Proshow Gold also works with Layers, but I have not done that yet.
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Charles, thanks so much for all of your input. I've passed it along to the person who was asking. I knew I'd get some answers for him here!
Linda, it is also possible with MS Powerpoint, if you have that. I did one for my FIL's 75th birthday and it turned out great.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
7 posts Page 1 of 1