A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
33 posts Page 1 of 4
Has anyone one downloaded this yet?? If so, is it any good??
Suzi, did it just come out? I don't recall seeing it, but my computer is set up to automatically install recommended updates from Microsoft. I may have it and not realize it.... :oops:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Did some quick research. Just issued yesterday, so I don't believe it's been auto-installed on my computer yet. I'm sure it will be before Friday....
Chuck
Mine is set up for auto also and not on mine either.
I just went to the Microsoft Download Center and the only thing I could find to download at this time was an Overview document and some SP3 downloads for IT professionals. Looks like the do-it-yourself version isn't ready for prime time yet...
Chuck
Suzi, I asked our IT guys about SP3. They said that Microsoft had pulled the link off their website because of serious problems encountered by some of the folks who had downloaded and installed it.

Think I'll pass for a while; SP2 is working fine for me.
Chuck
Chuck_S wrote: Suzi, I asked our IT guys about SP3. They said that Microsoft had pulled the link off their website because of serious problems encountered by some of the folks who had downloaded and installed it.

Think I'll pass for a while; SP2 is working fine for me.

I have parts of Service pack 2 that are missing. Everyone in a while I get some type of error message. When I searched it is from the SP. I went to download it again and my computer already says it has it. :oops:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Chuck, check this thread at dpreview. It seems they are all downloading it with no problems. What is IT professionals??

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readf ... d=27848408
After reading this thread at dpreview, I installed SP3... took a lot more time, but everything seems normal. I'll test it tomorrow.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I always hate being one of the guinea pigs.
Will wait for reviews.

Does it talk about what the improvements are so we will know if we are missing anything if we don't download?
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
33 posts Page 1 of 4