A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
33 posts Page 4 of 4
Hi,
one of the guys there wrote a utility to get them up and running again
I found the answer to the AMD-HP problem on Jesper Johansson's Blog. He wrote a script to check your PC and neutralize the AMD-HP issue.

After having the same experience that Websi described and using "GoBack" (OK, so I do use one Norton product :oops: ) to get my PC back, I ran Jesper's tool, rebooted and installed SP3 successfully. I can see no difference in how things operate and, if I had it to do over again, I'd wait to let Microsoft and/or HP get things squared away.

Chuck, you can remind your whippersnappers that this one's caused by IT/OS pros, not poor benighted "operators", and down off their high horses they can climb. :D

Never a dull moment in PC land, eh? :D

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
steve - thanks for the link to jesper's blog... i'm going to refer it to my husband to add to his 'arsenal'. thx!
I must be one of the lucky ones. The PC problems I've had recently can't be traced to SP3 but a bad motherboard. Or two. The first replacement died after 2 days and refused to even begin to power up. That's not SP3. But, before that and even now that I am up and runnng, on XP Pro SP3, everything is running fine. My only gripe at the moment is FF3 and my Norton don't work together like they used to. I am being forced to log into all my web pages that previously logged in automatically, every time I fire it up. And my Norton Identity Safe isn't working with it either. Hopefully that will be corrected when they finally release it. Either that or I may need to reinstall Norton to get it to recognize it properly :puter:

And I am running an AMD processor. I heard about the AMD/HP issues, but they don't apply to my system.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
33 posts Page 4 of 4