A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
33 posts Page 2 of 4
I read a white paper on it last night......what it will do is give you all the items you may have missed in SP2, but there's not much new that's interesting......in fact, I didn't see anything interesting in it.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
MichelB wrote: After reading this thread at dpreview, I installed SP3...

Somebody over there is quoting Microsoft as stating that it is not really needed if XP SP2 had been kept properly updated. FWIW...

Juergen
OK, I will ask. What does FWIW mean
Hi all,
For What It's Worth, consider this: If you need to reinstall Windows for some reason, unless you've already burned them to disc you'll need to re-download and install EVERY Magical Tuesday Windows Update that didn't come already installed on your PC. Having a copy of SP3 downloaded and burned to disc will save because you'll already have them on Your Own Disc.

I don't know what Information Technology pros do, but I'm always happy to avoid a ton of grunt work like downloading 3 bazillion Updates and Security Hot Flashes. :D

When SP2 came out we could order the disc from Microsoft and install it at our leisure, but AFAIK there's been no offer of a disc.

YMMV, of course but IMNSHO, The Acronym Finder is the best source for translating abbreviations and acronyms.

TTFN
TTYL

Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
stevea wrote: The Acronym Finder

Neat! Thanks.

Juergen
Glad to hear that SP3 isn't as buggy as our guys thought it might be.

But......I'll wait until it's downloaded and installed automatically. Very important week ahead; can't afford for my laptop to go pffftt! :shock:
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
I read a short article on CNET about SP3 and it said that if you download it, you will not be able to delete IE7.
IE7 would be grayed-out in the add/delete area of the Control Panel. Microsoft strikes again.... :D
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Wish i had seen this thread earlier. I thought i was being a good girl when i downloaded it. A BIG MISTAKE.
When you restart it just keeps trying to reboot. I finally went into safe mode and deleted it. I think it only happens with xp. Not sure though. From now on i am waiting for auto updates.
I've had it for about a week now and have not experienced any major problems with it on my home PC. But then, I may be one of the lucky ones. :pray:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene, did you notice any difference in performance???
33 posts Page 2 of 4