A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
15 posts Page 2 of 2
Bought it!! the Dell XPS M1530 fully loaded in Flamingo Pink :) ....now I have to upgrade to CS3, but hey I should anyway. I'll keep my desktop with XP, CS2, Lightroom and PSE5, while the laptop will have VISTA, CS3, Lightroom and PSe6. thanks for the VISTA input. Dell mentioned that will service pack 4, many of the bugs have been worked out.... um, we'll see.
snowfall wrote: Since this question is brought up I have one myself. I have a laptop computer on its as we speak. I was wondering the samething.

1) Will all my Actions be compatable with vista?
2) When I bought CS3 I was told I can use the serial no. 2 times then I have to buy another one. Does anyone know a different way to get around this? I have it on my desktop now & will be installing it on the laptop. But I plan to replace my desktop soon and will want it on there. I dont want to have to purchase a serial no.

I think it stinks that you pay alot for this program and you have to pay a few hundred dollars more to put it on a 3rd time.

Linda, it's not the number of times you install, it's the number of machines you have it on. So just uninstall on your PC before you install on your new one, and it should be okay. If not, you can always call support and tell them what you did. I had it on my laptop when it crashed and couldn't uninstall first. They removed that registration on their books and it installed with no problem on the new laptop.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka,
For me, When ordering CS3, the salesman that i spoke with told me I can use the same serial no. on 2 computers only. He said if I have any problems to call him & he will work with me if I have a puter that crashes etc.. After that you have to purchase a new serial number. Its a couple hundred dollars. I guess it depends on who you talk to & how you order it. I still think it stinks. I bought it not rented it. I should beable to do whatever I want with it.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
Bought it!! the Dell XPS M1530 fully loaded in Flamingo Pink

Wow....you'll be able to find that one from a mile away! :chickendance:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
yeah i know. now i'm going to have to change my logo colors to pink and chocolate!!!!
15 posts Page 2 of 2