A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Some more for the soup!

I have a couple of EHD's and last week copied my E: drive (My Documents) - one to an EHD with an IDE drive and one with a SATA drive. Both copies were done from a fresh start and the one to the IDE drive took 2 hours and the one to the SATA drive took 1.5 hours.

SO, it looks like if you are after a little more zip, go to SATA if you can.
John
Please let me know how Photoshop performs after you've bought a set of three 10-terabyte disks

They have those now for home use????? and I thought my 1 terabyte drive would do me for awhile. :rotfl:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
One question that was not answered....what is a really good registry cleaning program??? I think I could really use one. has anyone heard of this one by the makers of winzip....registry booster 2?????
suzib wrote: I thought that at first too, Chuck but there has been a few times when I have actually run that out of space. I would be working on several images and when done go to save one to the web and got a message telling that I was out of space. Mesage was like this...there is not enough memory on scratch disk to complete your request. I would have to save it, close CS3 then open it back up to do a "save to the web"

Suzi,

Something just doesn't sound right here. If you have several large images and are going nuts with layers and filters and stuff and getting this message, I would suspect more of a software error than actually running out of space on a 300GB drive. When I first installed a dedicated scratch disk. I allocated 100GB in its own partition and monitored the size of the files using windows explorer - it never got above 30Mb utilized. After a while, I stopped monitoring but will get back to it.

Is your out of space issue happening in both Elements and CS3?
John
Yes, it has John, but more often with CS3. Any advice on a registry cleaner???
Suzi,

Regrets, I have never used a registry cleaner - must be the "claen" life I lead! :rotfl: :chickendance:
John
Thanks, John. Hopefully someone will have an answer. I downloaded a trial version the registry booster 2 just to see what it would show. It said that I had 1345 bad registry files, yuck. Now I need to know what to do with these files. Is it safe to clean them out??? what is the best program to use??? and stuff like that. Also is there a defrag program that works better than the xp one??? See I am just full of questions this morning.
Oops one more question. Awhile back I bought Onone's essentials for elements..as per their instructions I had to move a dll from windows file to elements 5 folder. Now everytime I start up my computer, I get a box saying that windows can find this dll. The program works but what I want to know is...can I put a copy of this dll in the windows folder and not gum up everything!!!! Will having a copy of this dll in 2 places do bad things
Hi Suzi, I use a program called Defender Pro 15 in 1. I have been using their soft ware for four years now. Here's the link so you can read about it.

http://defender-pro.com/products-1/defe ... o-15-in-1/
Thanks, Shari, I will look into that one.
19 posts Page 2 of 2