A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone use the HP B8350? And what do you think of it?

My Epson R-300 is going to the pistol range tomorrow. I powered it up Thursday and the print heads are almost totally clogged.

I'll be getting a new printer - an HP. I will never buy another Epson. Epson and I just don't get along well.

I had an HP 1120C for about 10 years. Great printer. Did 13x19. Loved it!

The B8550 would be great but finances won't allow it at this time. I am planning on getting one eventually.

I can get a B8350 locally for about $300 which is another reason I'm considering it.
Hi and welcome to the forum. I have always used HP printers and love them. I don't know anything about the one you are looking at but am posting a review site. Maybe this will help you

http://www.testfreaks.com/printers/
Hi, and welcome to our place.

Sorry you didn't get an answer to your question - looks like we may not have too many HP users.

One thing I have developed as an assumption is that to avoid or minimize clogging of thge printer head is the necessity to use the printer on a regular enough basis that it doesn't have a chance to dry out.

I was looking at HP printers about a year ago and found that they have developed a new ink system that minimizes dry-out and ink waste as they pump back or reclaim the ink into the cartridge. Don't remember the model but the ink tanks were radically smaller (compared to Canon for example) ink capacity, but supposdedly delivered the same or higher number of prints - at least that is what the salesman claimed.

EPSON is usually a very reliable brand, but any printer can fail and almost all of them aren't worth fixing.

Good luck on your printer hunting!
John
Welcome to the forum!
I have no personnal exprerience about the B550. I have been using HP printers and now I have a all-in-one C7280 I chose because my (HP) scanner died prematurely... I am very happy with the results with its 6 inks cartridges and the ability to print borderless A4 format. Quality and speed are better than expected, and the cost of ink seems on par with other manufacturers.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
My Epson R-300 is going to the pistol range tomorrow.

I have an Epson R220 you can use also. It just all of a sudden decided it was out of paper no matter how much or little was in it.

But it was replaced with an Epson 1400, which I am very pleased with at this time. And I still have my HP Photosmart 7150 that still works pretty well for the everyday printing.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thank you for the replies. My work schedule is a bit crazy so I don't get the time I want online.

I wrote HP a few months ago and got sample prints from the B8350, B8750 and B9180. I'd love to be able to afford the B8550 which is B9180 without the extra bells and whistles.

My HP 1120C lasted me for 10 years. The Epson made fine prints but definitely needed to be exercised and with my new work schedule that just got to be too difficult.

Finances at this time seem to lean toward the B8350 - Sam's Club - $288. I printed my last passport photos on my HP7450 and all looked fine. So I'll be using it for a couple of months.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

Thanks.
6 posts Page 1 of 1