A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hopefully one of you computer experts can help me with this. Many,many moons ago I got the OnOne elements program and at that time I had to move a .dll out of windows and put that into elements(this was done on OnONe's advice). Now whenever I start up my computer, I get this thing says that Windows can't find this .dll. But everything works, can I put a copy of said .dll into windows without having a conflict????
Suzi,

Don't know what version of OnOne you have - I got it for elements and it didn't ask for that treatment.

If OnOne needed it, it is only looking within its own folder structure for the dll, so copying it back to the original Windows folder shouldn't have any impact.

I would give it a shot and see what happens.
John
John, I got it when it first came out and it wouldn't work, so I contacted OnOne and they told me to do that, I will give it a try tonight when I shut down. That is if, I still have my computer, having a major upgrade done this week.

Different question, in LR1 whenever I did an edit in CS3 I always got a tiff stacked with the image in LR. That is not happening now, is it for you and if so what did you do to set that up. In reading bugs, others seems to ne having same problem.
Having a .dll in two different places will not hurt anything. Obviously, Windows is looking for that .dll since its giving you an error message. If OnOne needs that same .dll in its folders, there is no harm in copying the .dll over, not moving it. The OnOne person should have told you to copy instead of move the .dll.

And in regards to the stacked TIFs in LR2, after I read your post I decided to try something and realized that LR2 is handling sending a photo to an external editor differently than it used to. Now, instead of creating the TIF or PSD in LR as it is sending it to CS3 or PSE, it is sending the file out in the same format you have it in LR2. If you hit CTL-W to close the file out of CS3 ( I think PSE does the same thing) its going to ask if you want to save your changes. Hit OK on that, and once the file is closed in CS3/PSE, it shows up in LR2 as your TIF or PSD at that time. That way, if you don't save your changes, a new file is not generated. Threw me for a bit of a loop as I was used to seeing the file generated upon sending it to my external editor.

You may also notice you don't get the window that asks if you want to edit with LR adjustments any more upon exporting the file for the first time in RAW (or JPG) format. This step is eliminated since you really didn't have a choice on the first export anyway. Now, once you have edited and saved your changes in CS3/PSE, the next time you open it from LR2 and send it to your external editor, you will get that box with the 3 choices for how you want to open it.

I was beginning to think my LR2 was broken until I realized what it was really doing. :doh:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
You are right Gene, I just did what you said and then the tiff showed up into LR. I like that. now I don't have a whole lot of tiff's to find and delete.
5 posts Page 1 of 1