A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
3 posts Page 1 of 1
There has just been an important update to ACDSee Pro 2. This info should fit with this forum about tools and accessories, since some of you prefer to use ACDSee rather than the organizer beside the editor. I have both. First because of the problems I had with the organizer at first, secondly because for half the price, I could get an excellent browsing system, good organizer, correct raw converter... and much more powerful tool for batch treatments than the 'process multiple files' of the editor.
After finally nearly mastering the organizer, I'll have to go deeper in comparing both programs.
What is interesting in the new features?
http://store.acdsee.com/store/acd/en_US ... D.78701700
- Organizing up front
- writing metadata to the files (already in the organizer, but probably overlooked by most users)
- and many other professional requirements

And yes, I am interested in Lightroom, mainly for its raw conversion power. Simply I was ableto get ACDSee as an update for an old version 5 update for 35 euros instead of 299 for LR!
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Michel,
Went and did it.....yep,I own a copy of 2.5 also. Lots to learn about this version of ACDSee.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I have it too. And honestly, I just barely scratch the surface of the functionality of the software. But it is such a good price (I've been upgrading for a long time now) that I don't feel guilty about not using it to its full potential. And it's very straight-forward... at least for the basics.

Courtney
3 posts Page 1 of 1