A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Question, did you all remove the old version first or just install the new one??
I just installed the new version over the old one. But you will have to re-enter your serial number afterwards as has already been mentioned. I have not had any trouble with it.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks, Gene.
When I had the Trial version, Topaz's own Noise Reduction program (or sub-program) was something you could decide to include or not and, when you included it, It would extend the processing time by quite a lot. It worked extremely well, too. Now I've got the full program, paid for, version 2.4, there's no separate option for its own noise reduction, it takes less time and, I'm fairly sure, isn't as effective. Anybody else think this?
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I agree Geoff! My understanding is that they are going to release a standalone noise reduction product and that those of us that ordered Topaz Adjust will get a free copy of it. But, I sure would have rather kept the previous version of Topaz Adjust until the noise reduction product comes out. It took longer but was much better than what is included now.
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
That noise adjustment plug-in (Topaz DeNoise) is now available as a Beta version. Owners of Topaz Adjust can get it free. You should get an email from Topaz, if you're registered, to find the download. And it's wonderful! Makes ACR and Elements' own Noise Filters look useless. See [url]http://www.topazlabs.com/topazlabs/03products/topaz_denoise/
[/url]
PSE6 on WinXP, Pentax K10d...... and now a Canon G10.

Gallery
I got some weird results when I tried Topaz DeNoise. See this thread for examples.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
17 posts Page 2 of 2