A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Just got my e-mail......DeNoise Beta is available here.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Got one also, got it but haven't installed yet. Have you tried it, Sunny
No - didn't have time before work this morning.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
I downloaded and tried it, and find it is doing some strange things to darker areas of the couple of photos I used it on.
Before-Topaz-Noise.jpg
Before-Topaz-Noise.jpg (148.21 KiB) Viewed 2012 times

After-Topaz-Noise.jpg
After-Topaz-Noise.jpg (126.73 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

I've seen that green show up in a couple of photos I tried it on. That happens at the default settings when I first open Topaz DeNoise. I have sent those back to them. Will update on what they tell me when I get it back. I've never seen that in any of the other noise reduction programs I use, no matter how hard I push the noise removal.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Maybe it is all the dust bunnies, hiding in there. Just kidding. I won't install until you hear back from them on that. I am sure you did but going to ask anyway. Did you try the same photo in the other software??
I'll go ahead and install it and give it a try. I can always uninstall if it's hinky and wait for the next Beta.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Maybe it is all the dust bunnies, hiding in there.

Some dust bunnies from Chernobyl. perhaps?

Yes.....I have used others on them. These two are at the default setting of their respective programs. No other adjustments applied in CS3, just what I did in LR2. No hint of green in them. Hopefully what I saw is just some weird abnormality, not indicative of the program.
With-Noise-Ninja.jpg
With-Noise-Ninja.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

With-Neat-Image.jpg
With-Neat-Image.jpg (117.54 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

Radioactive dust bunnies, lol. That is a really strange effect it is causing
I received a response from Topaz regarding the green I saw in the picture I sent them, and when I replied back thanking them for their response, within 15 minutes they sent me a file with verson 2.1 of Topaz DeNoise to try. While it is much better, its still not there at the default settings. I can still see some green in there.
Topaz-DeNoise-at-1-dot-0.jpg
Topaz-DeNoise-at-1-dot-0.jpg (163.69 KiB) Viewed 1916 times

If you're having a hard time seeing it in this picture, its right about in the middle of the shadow area.

It wasn't until I reduced the Noise Suppression slider to 0.75 that the green completely disappeared, and the higher I got above the default of 1.0, the worse it got. I was able to push it and get the same amount of green that I saw in the original version at higher settings. Other than that, I think they have a pretty good product here. Once they get that tendency to produce green in dark shadows like that fixed, I think they will have a winner.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

I just tried their official release, Topaz DeNoise V2.1, it is quite impressive, definitely better than noise Ninja I am using. Pretty slow through. I talked to their tech support and they said that they have fixed the green blob problem.

I am using the Mac version.

I also heard from him that the free give away for Topaz Adjust customer is going to end this week.

PB
11 posts Page 1 of 2