A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if ACDSee Pro is fairly stable? I have a few stability problems with the Photo Manager 10. Also, can I convert my database from 10 to Pro? What other advantages are there to Pro? Is it faster than 10?

:thanks:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Fairly stable? Well I had the program closing for internal errors a couple of times, without any damage to photos or database. I cannot tell for prior versions since I upgraded from an old version 5. Anyhow, that may be my hardware.
Apart from the bargain price, I was interested with several features:
- the organizer and browser to compare with Elements (I had problems at that time, now Elements if fine for me)
- I wanted more power with batch processes including raw
- I wanted a French version of a do-it-all software for my wife (who does not speak English)

I am still new with this software, but I should practice it regularly within the next months. Up to now I am pleased at the browsing and organizing features and I found the editor very flexible, both for beginners and experienced users. I know there are specialized forums to get help, I have not tested them yet. I am really a fan of Elements and ACR, but I must say the pro version is really very rich.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Thanks, Michel. I am looking for input from anyone else as well. I got an upgrade offer from 9 to Pro 2.5 for only $68, so I am considering it.

So if I understand you correctly, you organize with the Organizer and process with Pro?
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
For my own pictures I stay with PSE/ACR/organizer (Some day LR...)
And for my wife I have chosen ACDSee Pro to do everything. I might use it also for batch processing when I feel limited with 'process multiple files'. I found simple solutions like Picasa to be too basic, and since I took this decision (last week...) I am learning to use ACDSee for everything, not only to make comparisons with PSE as I did before.
Choosing ACDSee instead of the organizer while keeping PSE as an editor would be a good option, but I need more experience to confirm.
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
Hi Reka,

I use ACDSee Pro 2.5 to browse and to transfer files from my memory cards to my pc. For some reason it sometimes hangs up (just freezes) while importing files. If I restart ACDSee and try again, it will usually hang up on the very same photo. Weird. Then I simply use Windows drag and drop instead to copy my files over. I don't know if the problem is caused by the new version of ACDSee, my new dslr and memory card, or Vista. Too many things changed to isolate it. I also occasionally get ACDSee internal errors and it closes itself down. It does seem to be a bit buggy, but not constantly.

Courtney
As I'm knocking on wood.....I haven't had a bit of trouble with Pro 2.5. Don't worry, if it starts to act up,I'll definitely let you know.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
6 posts Page 1 of 1