A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
13 posts Page 1 of 2
This keeps getting worse, I installed service pack 3. When rebooting I got this

"registy has reached the maxium allowed for system part of registry, adding storage will be ignored" What the heck does this mean and how do I fix this.

I get one problem fixed and another pops up. I DOOMED
Oh come on, please. Someone must know what to do about this??? Am asking at a microsoft forum with no luck either. Will a registry cleaner help???? Where are my computer gurus
suzi i wish i could help, but i know zero about that stuff, it scares me out of my gourd, I hope our gurus show up soon for you.
Suzi - reboot and hit F8, F12, Esc., whatever your computer needs to get you to a boot screen. Choose to open in Safe Mode....after you choose that, you'll get a screen asking if you want to restore to an earlier time. Say YES and pick a time before you installed SP3. Try that and let us know.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Sunny, I want to keep service pack 3 just need to know if I can add more to my registry or will cleaning it out help. It sounds like it is full!!
Hi Suzi,

Did a google search on your message - and came up with this.

Looks like it may have gotten whacked when you changed the pagefile size.

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Download ... gistry.PDF
John
Thanks John, I will download and take a look. I changed the page file after I installed service pack 3 so don't think that was the cause. The message only showed up once and not since. I am going to give my computer guys a call today also and if worse comes to worse call Microsoft and pay the bucks for their help. Hopefully this pdf of yours will do the trick, fingers crossed.
Just read your file and it is exactly what I got and it happened after I made a major install (service pack 3). I redid my paging file after that so maybe I fixed it without knowing. I am going to do it again just like they say to just to be sure. Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo, :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
I knew one of you computer guru's would come through for me.
Suzi, were you able to increase your paging file over 4096?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Hmmm....late to the party, but it looks like John found the fix. I've never seen that one before, myself.

Would be interested to know also if you are able to set your paging file larger than 4096?

It also doesn't hurt to "scrub" you registry once in a while. There are some good programs out there to do that with, and some are free. The one I use is RegSeeker which is free and has not given me any problems. There are others.

And as always - backup the registry before editing it, and set a restore point also. Better to be safe than sorry.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks, Gene, I will get that one and use it for use. I was able to set my paging file at 4987 which is what windows recommended. Who am I to argue with them, lol.
13 posts Page 1 of 2