A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Suzi,

Firefox is a web browser - as is Internet Explorer and several others (Safari?, Nightscape) etc.

I started using it about a year ago and have switched over almost 100% - at least on first attempt - but fall back to IE 7 when somnethings don't work right. And it is inevitable that some things wont work right on all web browsers and internet sites. It is one of the dilemmas that web developers face - things dont always work right from system to system. Until recently, Firefox would not let me scale up the font size (CTRL/+) without introducing some distortion. Works fine now though.

One of the things I like most about Firefox is that I can sync bookmarks/favorites and have the same ones available on any computer that I choose to set up and sync with.

Also, a lot of update stuff wont work right from Microsoft site unless you use IE 6/7. Wonder why? :rotfl: :rotfl:
John
If you want to try Firefox, you can download it from here. Give it a whirl.......I really like it if that means anything! :rotfl:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
John, you can get IE Tab to add on to Firefox, then most IE optimized sites work with Firefox. Still not Microsoft, though. Inquiring minds do want to know... :biggrin:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Reka,

Ah, the ubiquitous Add-On(s)!

Didn't know that one - will have to give it a look-see.

Thanks for the heads up! :thanks:
John
P.S. I just realized my avatar looks a bit geeky, doesn't it? :rotfl:
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Susan, you may want to Google "browser hijack" - it looks like you may have one of the viruses that takes over your browser and provides a steady stream of annoying pop-ups. There are various schemes and software to recover from a hijacker attack; however, it can be a rough slog and some people just give up, format their c-drives and start over.

My daughter's computer started displaying this problem about four months ago; she tried a few things but finally just shut it down in disgust. Next time I visit her (she's in Dallas), I may try to fix it for her. In the meantime, she and her hubby have a new Dell laptop (financed by the BoD) that's behaving okay so far.
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Chuck, that sounds like what I have, thankfully they say they can remove all with having to do that. BUT it is costly, of course.
17 posts Page 2 of 2