A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
17 posts Page 1 of 2
All of a sudden I am getting these pop-ups when I am on the web. I have run my virus program and my spyware (more times than I can count in the last 2 days)and it is still happening. Do I need to take my computer to the shop or is there anyway I can fix this myself. I have my pop-up control set to max and still it is happening
Help!!!!
Run Spybot and see what it says.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I will look into that one. this is really annoying!! The spyware I have is supposed to be really good but it is missing something
Susan, I use AVG Anti-Virus is free and so far so good. I also use Cobian Backup is free also, no problem. I hope you are not using Norton for they are the target of every hacker.
Shalom,
Don
A well conseived image is a poem written with light.
PSE6 - Lightroom - CS3 - Win-Vista -Epson 7800
Nikon D80 - D-700 - Canon G9
http://www.condeimaging.com
Suzi, DEFINITELY run SpyBot. AVG is great, but it doesn't catch everything.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Well, it is about to go into the shop, yuck. I have gotten something that I can't remove. My whole computer is wonky right now. They promised I would have it back tomorrow.
Just read in a post by Jane that some Firefox update or something is causing a problem with AdBlocker. Maybe that has caused your problem.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Don't use foxfire!! Like a kid when you decide to take to doctor and they start to feel better. Now it is acting alright.
Edit: It is gone but still have this computer so you aren't rid of me completely, lol
Suzi,
I've never had problems with Firefox until the last version came out. My computer was so slow & it seemed like it was freezing more & almost every page took forever to load. I just came home & now it updated itself to the newest version. I now have Firefox 3.0.6. I have to say it seems pretty good. Things so far seem to be loading quicker including firefox itself. Seems like they worked out the kinks with this latest one. Maybe you might want to try it & see if it helps you.
Linda

Snowfall's Gallery
"struggling to learn"
So what is foxfire exactly. you guys all use it but know nothing about it!!
17 posts Page 1 of 2