A place to discuss the tools you use - printers, scanners, software etc...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
:woohoo: I got a new fancy desktop. (first post from it.....)
So I have firefox on the laptop with all my bookmarks. I will no longer be using the laptop for surfing. How do I transfer all of my bookmarks to the desktop?
In FF on the laptop, go to Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks
In the window that opens, click Import and Backup, then Export HTML (file will be called bookmarks.htm) to your desktop on the laptop. Then copy this file to your new desktop. If the laptop and desktop are networked, this will be a simple copy over. If not, sneakernet is the next best option. i.e: use a USB thumb drive.

Once you have the exported bookmarks copied over to the new desktop (or the thumb drive plugged in and recognized), open FF on the desktop, then Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks. Then click Import and Backup, then import the bookmark.htm file. That oughta do it for you! And they will be organized exactly as they were on the laptop, you shouldn't have to do anything else unless you want to. :puter:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Thanks Gene, I will give that a try. I appreciated your support in picking out my new desktop and told the guy at the store helping me "i was told to buy all the power and speed I could afford" I copied down the specs on your system and found out you can get quite a bit more these days. :thanks:
My system is sort of middle-of-the-road right now. But, prices keep coming down and its amazing what you can get nowadays. I still remember paying around $350 for a 13G internal HD the first time I bought one. Right before Christmas I found a deal on a WD EHD 1T (Terabyte 1,000G) drive for only $139. I think the first memory stick I bought was a 1 Meg for well over $100. Now you can get 2Gig (that's 2,000 times MORE memory) for well under $100 if you look for it. Ahh...the joys of technology!

If you keep your eyes open, you can generally pick up stuff pretty cheap after its been out a little while, or the next generation comes out.

Glad I could help! :thumbsup:
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Gene,
Have you checked the downward prices on digicams? You can get a point and shoot with 24X optical zoom for around $400.00. Definitely a buyers market.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
5 posts Page 1 of 1