Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Take a look at the IOY Thread.
Wouldn't it be cool to, in January when all the posts are done, make up a matrix? I'm thinking of something like a grid of thumbnails. Leave it up for all of 2008 - this is what the talented people here think is representative of their best work in 2007.

Newbies coming in to our group could immediately see the kind of stuff they can aspire to create if they hang around and ask Qs and learn.

I'm not sure where you would put this "grid" (of links to individual galleries) but I'm sure the talented website geeks know how to do that :D

Just a thought.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, I for one like the idea if it is possible somehow. Maybe we could have a sticky thread in the Members Gallery category for it and have a PrestoPhoto gallery with all the images in it. I have a separate account already set up through PrestoPhoto just for the newsletter. We could use that one for the Image of the Year Gallery.

Edit: we would probably have to restrict the size of the images so as not to go over the size limit.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi,
I like the IOY idea, and that thread is packed with really great images. The idea of having an IOY gallery, in whatever format, is good too, IMO. When anybody who feels like it can put something in the IOYearbook, there's none of the bureaucracy of a voted or judged gallery.

While I don't object to judged IOYs or IOWs or IOWhatevers, it's nice to be able to show off a personal favorite.

My thanks go to everybody who dreams up threads like these. I can't help but feel that this forum (PCE-Cool :D ) is a more homey sort of place; for some of us it's a giant refrigerator where we can hang our work with electronic magnets.

Have fun,
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Steve, once again your imagination shines brightly! When I started the "Picture of the Year" thread, the "refrigerator" was in the back of my mind. Since I don't have children, my refrigerator is covered with some of my favorite images. I love that you saw this as an "giant refrigerator where we can hang our work with electronic magnets!" It's exacly what I was thinking, but I couldn't put it into the right words. Thanks for being you!
4 posts Page 1 of 1