Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I had posted a link to a PCEC Newsletter PDF file at the Elements Village. The PDF file had been uploaded to a gallery here (prestophoto.com). It turns out, it will not function when clicked on at the other forum. It works fine when clicked on in this forum. Is this by design or could it possibly be fixed?

Juergen
Odd - I'll check with Spider and see if he knows.

Hmmm.... wonder if the problem with the link is only at the Village and not elsewhere.
Juergen, why not suggest that if they want access to the newsletter and Colin's article to register as a member here. No offense to anyone at EV or PET but the Newsletter is for members of this forum.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim,
I see you have taken care of that. I purposely posted a link to the Board Index of this forum in order for folks to become aware of PCEC and hopefully do just that: register. ;)

Juergen
Hi Juergen. I did post at EV last night. I wasn't going to but when I noticed Randall was from Grand Rapids I had to say Hello Neighbor. ;) I can understand your post but people can browse the forum as a guest and even though they can't post without becoming a member they can download things. I would hope that they would register and be part of our family here. Like I said at EV, both forums are great resources.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thank you, Jane. I don't know if you saw Nick's message over at the village, explaining that this is an oddity with the Adobe Reader. Right clicking on the link and choosing >Save Target As... will open the download window.

Juergen
I did see that post but I have never had a problem except on this site. I think maybe it is something in the software at PrestoPhoto. I don't think it is really set up for viewing .pdf just uploading them for use in a photo book. You can't upload a pdf to a gallery unless it is for book ordering. The only way I was able to upload it was as a zipped file and then PrestoPhoto unzipped it.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, yes, there may be a problem here, too... I did actually get the PDF file uploaded as is, no zipping involved. The link to the Second Edition goes to my gallery. And it works as expected, from this forum.

Juergen
8 posts Page 1 of 1