Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Christian, Jane, Somebody...
For some reason, if I use the "log me in automatically" feature of this forum, I have to log out and mark all posts as "read" or I can't use the "View new Posts" feature.

When I logged in (automatically) a few minutes ago, the forum showed my last visit as 10:38 p.m. last night and handed me something like 42 unread posts.

I've visited here 2 or 3 times today, and I'm still seeing posts from last night as "unread".

The only way I can make things work is to mark all posts as read every time I visit and log out every time. Then I need to log in every time.

I know that cosmically this is fairly insignificant, but this is the only forum I use that acts this way. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11 and use forums from phpBB, InVision PowerBoard, vBulletin, and those deeply strange dpReview boards, all with no problems.

Poor, poor me :lol:
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
I can't help you Steve except to say I never log out and have never had a problem.
Steve, I never log out either and never had this problem. Have you tried clicking the "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom of every page to see if that helps?

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
That is a puzzle - I'm using FireFox now too and I'm not having problems like you describe. I'll see if Spider can figure it out.
Hi Steve,

Ouch, sounds painful. Er... does Internet Explorer work? Or how about http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ ? Maybe it is a Firefox plugin...
How do you have FF set to handle cookies? If you have it set to delete cookies every time you shut down, that may be part of your problem. Go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy and check your settings. I have mine set to keep cookies until they expire and I access the forum from two different PC's (home and work) using FF and never have a problem with getting new posts.
GeneVH

My SmugMug
My PrestoPhoto
Now on Flickr

CS5/LR4/Nikon D300 & D70s/Win7
Hi guys,
Like I said earlier, this forum is the only one that gives me a problem. I visit at least ten forums a day and every other phpBB vBulletin, InVision, etc., etc. forum I use behaves like it should.

Gene, my cookies are set the same way as yours, and have been for years.

Spider, I'll happily log out and in ten times a day before I'll use IE, and I'm not familiar at all with SeaMonkey. If this were some kind of global problem I was having, I'd look at browsers and plugins and such, but that's not the case.

Last night I followed AngelicKim's suggestion and deleted all board cookies, marked all forums as read, logged out, turned the PC off and went to bed. This morning I will come and go a few times and see what happens. I'll make it a point to stay on the forum for twenty to thirty minutes to give the forum software plenty of time to set a new cookie, or whatever it does and we'll see what we see. :shock:

Thanks for the input, everybody,
Steve
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
7 posts Page 1 of 1