Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
On the old site, we could hover our mouse (or pen) on the thread's title and you could see several lines of what it was about (if you couldn't tell from the title). It was pretty handy when you really didn't need to open the thread if it was something that you didn't need to view.

Any way that can be done here?
I kinda like that also. But of love some of our new features.
I have thought the same thing. I just keep forgetting to post it here. :)

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
I posted a link to the User Guide up in the Forum Features section - if you have a minute you might flip through it and see if there is something there.
I'm seriously attempting to avoid... "let's do [whatever]to make it like the old one, etc..."

This is our new home and, already, it's better. But, this is really a good point. I don't want to make PrestoPhoto jump thru hoops to try to replicate "the old" but this is a huge timesaver when attempting to skim thru the forums.

So often, I can read the first two lines and immediately realize, I don't have a clue -- I may want to open to learn something but, if I see no replies (yet), there is no point in opening 'cause I sure don't have anything to add.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Wags wrote: I posted a link to the User Guide up in the Forum Features section - if you have a minute you might flip through it and see if there is something there.

Hi,
The phpBB User Guide is sort of a work in progress, as is phpBB. There are lots of placeholders for topics not yet written. phpBB is a giant collaborative effort and seems to be always changing and improving.

The sort of "onMouseover" business discussed in this thread, if phpBB offers it, would need to be installed in the forum software by Christian, or whoever is behind the curtain.

There are almost five bazillion* add-ons and skins for phpBB, including those offered by enthusiasts who are not part of the development team. It's sort of like all the add-ons for Firefox - there are both "official" and "hobbyist supplied" gizmos galore.

I think that the preview idea is great, for the same reasons Rusty stated.

Our new forum gets better every day, it seems. :D
Steve

*Actually, it's 4.68 bazillion, but who's counting? :lol:
My Gallery: Mostly In Focus
The Owl of Minerva takes wing only at dusk
Yes it seems to be missing whatever section it is that i want to know about. :D

I gave Christian a priority list last night and he is working on things as fast as he can, but he does have to keep the other business running too and this is the start of the busy holiday season for them. So it may be awhile before he has time to install mods which are a little bit like installing Photoshop actions in Elements, its nearly impossible to tell until you actually try them what will work and what won't.
I agree with Steve this site is great and getting better every day .Alot of the little things can wait. The most important one is getting the gallery going. Christian and Jane have done a TERRIFIC job on this site.
The "onmouseover" thing would be my top request. This site is so active and I don't have time to look at every post, so I look at the posts one at a time for a while, then "mark all posts read", and hope I didn't miss too much.

Jane, you and Christian have done a terrific job so far. I hope you are getting to relax a little bit and spend some time with your family.
jo
my gallery
Sony VAIO PC/Windows XT/PSE5/CS3
Canon digital rebel XT
Wow, I haven't been on since before Thanksgiving and for me there are over 7 pages of new posts to view! I'm hoping to soon see that this feature will e incorporated. It's taking me forever to go thru each thread and half of them I really didn't need to open. That's my request again. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see this.
11 posts Page 1 of 2