Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I noticed that if you come to the forum without logging in, there is no indiction of new posts. In other words, the button for 'show new posts' does not appear unless you login in. Also, the icon to the right of each thread is always in black unless you're logged in (then it turns red if there are new posts in the thread). This could be a turnoff to someone visiting the site and deciding whether they want to join or not.

:idea: Could/should this be changed to make browsing more inviting to visitors?
Amy

"If you do everything right the first time, you'll never learn anything new."

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
CS4/PSE6/PE4/Win XP (Desktop) Vista Home Premium(Laptop)/Wacom Graphire4/
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 & FZ8
Amy, I think the new post option are set that way so that registered members can see whats new since you last logged in. It ties into your name and shows what you have seen and if its new to you as far as being either a new thread or new post to a previous thread.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hi Kim,

I agree that that's the way it is probably working. But, it still makes it difficult for the non-member visitor to navigate through posts.

I guess I just didn't explain it clearly enough. The PET/Village forum has a 'Today's Posts' button prominent in the header that is visible/usable to all, whether members or not, and that would not require a tie in to the user.
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
Amy, if they click the "View active topics" at the top of the page, they can see what has recently been posted.
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Thanks Reka, that makes sense :roll: ! Why didn't I see that before??? :oops: Thanks again - you've contributed to my learning for today!
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
Well, I had to go looking for an option, so you helped me learn it too! Thanks!

How do you like your FZ8? I have the FZ7 and love it!
Reka
CS3 on Vista, Nikon D40 (50mm1.4, 18-55mm and 70-300mm VR) and FIREFOX
ImageMOM

My galleries <------------------> My blog
Hi Reka!

The FZ8 is a great camera -- I love it! I think in most areas it is very similar to your model. It's interesting that you ask because earlier today I was reading about a new Pany model (FZ18) that looks interesting (If I hadn't just bought this camera 6 mos. ago). The FZ18 goes wider and longer than our lenses and it's 8 megapixels. Seems like they come out with upgrades to cameras even more often than upgades to PS/PSE!

Anyway, thanks for your help!
Amy

General Gallery
Landscapes Gallery
7 posts Page 1 of 1