Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Member Lists doesn't appear to be complete. Or, maybe, I need retraining about websites :)

I wanted to see what "my profile page" looked like - what is somebody going to see if they click my name. I clicked "Members" up on the top right and then clicked the letter "R". Surprise, I'm not listed as a member. I then clicked back on "All" which appears to be a sequential list of who registered when.

Wow, I see serious bragging rights ahead. Forget about "enlightened" or "frequent" or "senior" - page 1 obviously outranks page 2 (Johnny come lately) :mrgreen:

Well, I found my name on page 2, clicked, saw the profile. OK, so far so good.

Suppose i want to send a PM to Chuck in Houston. I click "Members" and then click "C" and he ain't there. I go to "All" and he's there. Easy to find because he's on page 1 :P

If the pages are working correctly, you need to add some instructions at the top so dummies know how to find somebody.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I'm still trying to figure that one out myself, but I do that if you type in a user name in the pm box it will send it to them. If there are folks that you frequently pm with - add them to your friends list, and their names will be right there along side your pm compostion box.
Don't know if this will help, but: on the all member page, if you click on the words 'username' (upper left hand column) it will do an alpha sort -click again and it will reverse the alpha sort. The same sort technique works on all the column headings.
[size=150][b][color=#4000BF]Linda[/color][/b][/size]
[url=http://www.tootie501.blogspot.com][color=#0000BF]my blog[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/?user_id=14677]EIGHT galleries and counting...[/url]
Linda, nice thought. I tried it out but all that does is sort have you view the list, it puts everyone in alphabetic order instead the default join date. It still doesn't change that some members name don't show when you click on a letter.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
For what it's worth, the listings for the individual letters only show the members whose login starts with a lower case letter. The 'All' listing shows both lower and upper cases.

Juergen
Thanks Juergen, now that we at least know that, it will help Jane and Christian fix the problem.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks for the info - that is indeed an odd quirk!
7 posts Page 1 of 1