Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to come up with a way to show all of today's posts, much like it can be done on EV. However, no matter what I do with Advanced Search, it always returns nothing. Am I just being dense or is this feature broken?
Chuck
LR2/CS3/PSE6/Canon 450D, G10/Panasonic LX3
Hi Chuck, I have used the Advanced Search before with no problems. I think a search for today's post isn't specific enough for it. The best way to see all of todays post is the Active post option on the Board Index page.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Kim, I'm glad it works for you - it definitely does nothing at all for me. Oh, well...

Active posts is a good idea; I'll use that. Thanks.
Chuck
OK, Kim - here's your test. I want to search for all topics, all forums, last 1 day. Please tell me how to set up advanced search to do that.
Chuck
Test, oh no, I am not good at test. :mrgreen: I don't see anywhere in the search options or anywhere on the forum to do what you want. I will however look through the moderator guide and see if I can find something or look at the main guidelines for setting up the forum options and see if it is something that Jane can do without Christian. I must admit, I did not notice your post was in the Site Suggestions section when I replied.

I have gotten results from the advanced search but I did find you have to be pretty specific in what you are looking for.

I do recall when the forum started someone asked about being able to get the Today's Post like at EV. I do hope that is one thing on Jane's list for Christian. Poor guy is going to have a lot to do when he gets the chance. :mrgreen:

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Thanks, Kim! With your encouragement, I did try again searching for something specific and it worked fine. The View Active Posts button will take care of my needs to reach back a little further than View New Posts will go.

My computer is pretty much always on so I'm logged in pretty much all the time that I'm in the vicinity of a hot spot; as a result, the View New Posts search will often truncate some posts I didn't get a chance to see. Not a forum problem at all - that's on me!
Chuck
6 posts Page 1 of 1