Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
- Topic icons are now working in all forums except this one (I didn't do this one just as an experiment)

- Additional Smilies have been installed - and I'm still looking for a few more to add. :cheer2:

- Working on the "notify when reply is posted" - for those of you that were wanting this feature have you been checking the box under "Options" at the bottom of the reply screen (by "upload attachement")?

- Mouse-over. This requires a much requested MOD from phpbb, but as of yet there has not been one created for this version. (We are running the most current version that just came out, MOD makers are still catching up with requests - and since they are all volunteers... well it can take awhile.)

- Trying to find a solution to embedding url's in text. From what I can tell, it will require a MOD, and there isn't one available for it yet, although it is possible one is in the works.

- View New Topics since last visit - there is a MOD written for this, but it is in beta testing. Hopefully it will get the stamp of approval from phpbb soon.

*MODS for phpbb are like Plug-ins/Actions for Photoshop/Elements

Just wanted to let you all know that we haven't forgotten your upgrade requests and we are doing what we can to make them happen. Your patience and support is greatly appreciated.
I think you and Spider are doing great. :thumbsup: No complaints here.
Gary
D7000, D90, D200 ...and plenty of lenses.
"[i]Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.[/i]"
- Working on the "notify when reply is posted" - for those of you that were wanting this feature have you been checking the box under "Options" at the bottom of the reply screen (by "upload attachement")?

Jane, box has been checked since day one and never have gotten a single notification.

Did you get my e-mail last week with a bunch of smileys?

Thanks for the updates on what is going on.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Yes I did Kim - but I'm embarrassed to say I completely forgot to open them after I downloaded. :oops:
Thanks, Jane but here is a really dumb question..what topic icons are you talking about??
When you start a thread - there are now the option of topic icons next to the subject line.
Wags wrote: Yes I did Kim - but I'm embarrassed to say I completely forgot to open them after I downloaded. :oops:

Too funny :rotfl:

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Last week was/is pretty much a haze for me. Between the dental work and getting sick I just wasn't on top of things. And this week - well this week, I'm trying to get ready to leave Wednesday, I really need to make a list.

Just got some sad news from the phpbb support forum - embedding links via pop up menu is not an option with this software and there is not a known work-around, plug-in, magic script etc that will change that. :crying: (I should have guessed it when I saw that the phpbb support forum didn't have it as an option.) So the only way to embed a link in text is to do manually with the BBC Code.
When I view threads in this forum, I first click on "View Active Topic". When I want to go back to that to look for a new thread, I click on "Board Index" and then have to again click on "View Active Topic". Is there a quicker way of doing this? It would be nice if "View Active Topic" was always available same as "New Posts" is available at the Village.
Charles

Inspeqtor's Gallery
Canon XSi - 18-55mm IS lens - 70-300 IS USM lens
PSE5 / PSE6
WinXP - Pentium 4 CPU 2.4GHz - 1.0GB Ram
Charles, we have asked for the New Post to show on every screen too. All you have to do if you don't want to go back to the Board Index page is just click your refresh or reload button on your browser bar when you are at the list of active topics.

Kim
My Creations

Kimz Kreationz Blog
11 posts Page 1 of 2