Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I've tried to search to see if this has already been addressed, but couldn't find it.

When I am in my gallery, upload, edit, reorder, whatever, I would like to be able to click a link and get right back to the forum. Unless I'm missing it, I see no link that takes me back to the forum. I have to go to my favorites, find the saved link to get back (can't seem to memorize it :crying: ) Or keep hitting the back key many times to get back to it. It would be nice to have a link back to the forums, no matter where you happen to be on the PrestoPhoto site.

If there is something I'm missing, please let me know. :thanks:
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
There's no link I know of, but do you use tabbed browsing in either Firefox or IE? Do you use your links toolbar for bookmarks (or favorites)? If you open your gallery in a new tab, the forum tab stays where it is. Then, it's just a matter of choosing the forum tab when you're ready to go back.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
If you are using Safari under history select mark page for snap back and will be able to get back with just 1 click.
Yes, I use Firefox, and I will create a new tab for my gallery. Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought of that, but thought maybe I had missed something on the gallery page to get back to the forum.

I also noticed that when you click on a link in one of the posts in the forum, it does not open a new page, but opens the link in the page that you clicked from. I went into options in Firefox and saw that I had the correct radio button checked to open links in a new page, but for some reason on this site, it doesn't do it. In all my other tabs, this works just fine.

sarch99 wrote: There's no link I know of, but do you use tabbed browsing in either Firefox or IE? Do you use your links toolbar for bookmarks (or favorites)? If you open your gallery in a new tab, the forum tab stays where it is. Then, it's just a matter of choosing the forum tab when you're ready to go back.
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
swalkr wrote: I also noticed that when you click on a link in one of the posts in the forum, it does not open a new page, but opens the link in the page that you clicked from.

Hold the CTRL key when clicking on a link. That should force a new tab.

Juergen
That did it! Wow! A new trick for me! Love it. Thanks!

Juergen_D wrote:
swalkr wrote: I also noticed that when you click on a link in one of the posts in the forum, it does not open a new page, but opens the link in the page that you clicked from.

Hold the CTRL key when clicking on a link. That should force a new tab.

Juergen
Suzanne

Suzanne's Gallery

"Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose." -Evan Esar 1899-1995
You aren't missing anything there isn't a direct link back here. However if you are using fire fox you can click on a link here with your middle mouse button (sometimes thats the scroll wheel depending on the style of mouse you have) and it will open the link in a new window/tab.

Another option for FireFox is Speed Dial I love having my top 12 favorite sites to visit readily available.
Wags wrote: However if you are using fire fox you can click on a link here with your middle mouse button (sometimes thats the scroll wheel depending on the style of mouse you have) and it will open the link in a new window/tab.

It works the same in Windows (IE7)... And that is news to me. Learning something every day! :D Thanks.

Juergen
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron