Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
It would be great if there was some way we could be notified when someone leaves a comment on your image.
I see this as a great way that the board is lacking....

Not in notifying about a comment but the fact that we don't' comment. :o
I have to admit I miss that from the Village. If you posted a new image, you would almost always get some feedback.
It would be lovely if we could make it a point to start commenting on the new images we see int the rolling gallery.

Thoughts???
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
I often make comments on the image itself rather than on the forum. If I am anxious to receive comments, I'll post the image and ask for feedback. Private "attaboys" are really meaningful to me, because I know someone took the effort to go to my gallery. Does that make sense?
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
I agree with both of you..comments on the rolling gallery images are great but alot of times I don't see comments made in my gallery. I don't check regularly to see if any comments have been left. I would love to be notified so I could respond to them.
I agree, Suzi, that would be nice. Until that happens, I make it a point to look here, under Recent Images on a regular basis.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
kimi_boo wrote: I see this as a great way that the board is lacking....

Not in notifying about a comment but the fact that we don't' comment. :o
I have to admit I miss that from the Village. If you posted a new image, you would almost always get some feedback.
It would be lovely if we could make it a point to start commenting on the new images we see int the rolling gallery.

Thoughts???

This is part of the reason for starting a monthly thread for people to post their new images. The best way I personally could think of for people to find new image postings. Too bad there isn't an easier way.

Maybe people could try to send someone a PM if they leave a comment.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Hopefully spyder can get some of these things going. I just checked my last image and had 2 comments and a question? I would not have checked if not for starting this thread and the question would not have been answered for days if ever.
I'm not asking for notification. (we have to work with what we have)

I am asking for comments on an image. If it is something we start doing then we will remember to go back and check if we have new comments or questions. :bigwink:

Kim, I haven't wanted to comment on the new images posted in the thread. My feelings are... it will be hard enough for the judges to go through and look at all of the images, much less have to wade through a bunch of comments. :oops:

Our gallery is set up for comments, I just feel we should use it more. :chickendance:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Kimi, I didn't mean the nominations thread. The thread Post your June images is so people can post their new gallery additions so it easy for people to know you have new images since we don't have the gallery like we had at PET. Since the rolling gallery sometimes goes through so fast and a lot of miss some current new additions. I know you post was about posting comments on images we like. I was merely pointing that the thread is there and one of its main purposes was to make it easier for us to see new images and comment on if we want. Thread isn't there for us to comment in, just to let everyone know, 'Hey, I have a new image" Sorry I didn't explain it better.

I personally am bad at not posting comments. I don't get a much of a chance to keep up with the forum sometimes so I find myself looking at the new images and quickly moving on the next. I really should slow down and take the extra few seconds to make comments. There are so many talented people on this forum. The being able to post a comment is a nice feature the fact that some of the comments we receive are from people who aren't members is cool too.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
Sunny, put a link to where you can see all comments. Is there anyway that, that link can be put on the banner for easy access to members.

http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/
14 posts Page 1 of 2