Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Another forum I frequent has what I think is a great space/time saver. The general idea is that each post has a quote button, etc., AND a "thanks" button. Hitting the "thanks" button puts adds the user's name to a list of other users who have thanked the original poster. This lets the poster know that people have acknowledged the post......much simpler and much less space used. Here's an example (you'll need to open it to see the pertinent part):

Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
that's pretty cool. It would be nice to have, along with some of the other suggestions we have been asking for.
I'll check and see if phpbb has a mod for that.

FYI - Most of the requests that have been made are things that the phpbb software needs a mod for that doesn't yet exist. I check periodically to see if mods have been created for the list of requests. It is all share ware so while we can make requests (and I have) it doesn't mean any of the volunteer software designers will decide to tackle it.
Thanks, Jane. Here is the website it came from.....don't know if you can tell from that what was used to create it.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
I think it is a great idea also! :biggrin:
~kimi~
Gone Crazy... Back Soon...

Gallery ~ a la kimi

My Blog

kimboustany.com
Sunny - That forum uses vBulletin software which is not free-ware. I'd did a quick search and didn't see anything similar for phpbb in the available mods, but I did see a mod request for a "thank-you button".

If anyone has some time to kill and wants to go searching through the available modifications (mods) you are welcome to take a look at the version 3.0 mods. It is quite possible for me to miss some, especially if I have a different term in mind when I'm searching than what the developer called it.

If you find one that you think is interesting send me a pm with the link and I'll take a look.
This is from the Modifications in Development......sounds like what we're looking for: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 75.....but it's all Greek to me.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
I'll keep an eye out for all the bugs to get worked out and for it to move into the approved available mods category.
Thanks, Jane. :thanks:
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
9 posts Page 1 of 1