Suggestions for what you would like to see on this site in the future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I was wondering if it was possible to upload layered PSD files to my PrestoPhoto galleries instead of putting them on my site by my provider. It seems this is possible (my split tone gradients even appeared on the rolling gallery although I stated it as private). Instead of a direct link, you have a link to the gallery and you have to click on the 'download file' button on the right to download it.
Do you think it would be a valid option to link to PSD (or raw) files to illustrate a tutorial for example?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S
Most used add-ons: Elements+

Mes Galeries
I think it would be a great idea, Michel
Michel.......Spider is probably the man to answer this question, as everything we put in our galleries is being hosted through the generosity of PrestoPhoto. What about using something like 4shared.com? It's free, easy to use and doesn't clog up PrestoPhoto's drives. Just a thought.
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
A few thoughts...
- In my view, using PrestoPhoto diskspace is the natural thing to do if you are a supporter:
http://www.prestophoto.com/shop/92
That should be a good way to thank PrestoPhoto for the fantastic opportunity they gave us by hosting this forum.

- PSD files are not necessarily heavy files, as in my example. I don't see any need to use this format except to keep adjustment layers and special setups.

- For heavy raw files, the main use is now the LR/ACR challenge; and for this, using 4shared or your own provider space is logical. I don't think it necessary to keep the file very long, even one month is enough.

- For Newsletter, I think we should pay attention to keep additional resources available for a long time, except if you state a given time lapse. Furthermore, I don't know if I have enough space on my site, or if I should change provider.

- On a practical point of view, is storing the PSD on a gallery practical for tutorial readers?
Michel B
PSE6, 11,12,13.1 - LR 5.7 Windows 7 64 - OneOne Photo Perfect Suite - Canon 20D, Pana TZ6 - Fuji X100S

Mes Galeries
I get your drift, Michel...........good point. :)
Sunny
My Galleries
Sunny's 12 OF 12
Canon 40D; EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM; EF 50mm f/1.4 USM; Tamron 17-50 f/2.8; EF-S 55-250mm IS.
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Michel,
Have you looked at Windows Live SkyDrive (http://skydrive.live.com) ? It is free and they'll give you 5GB of storage, personal and/or public.

Juergen
Juergen_D wrote: Michel,
Have you looked at Windows Live SkyDrive (http://skydrive.live.com) ? It is free and they'll give you 5GB of storage, personal and/or public.

Juergen

Thank you, Juergen, that's almost too good to be true!
Michel B

Mes Galeries
7 posts Page 1 of 1